11.19.2008

Lowestoft at night

Spent this morning taking night time exposures around Lowestoft. Some interesting images and I didn't get to try all the locations I wanted to try. Covered some of the same areas I'd done previously in the day time. But this time I was using my DSLR with a tripod. Awesome lit night is all I can say. On the banks of Lake Lothingland at 3 am spent sometime in conversation talking to a group of people who were interested in what I was doing there. I suppose I did look abit out of place. Good shots though there and elsewhere. Funny thing was I could hear something raise to the surface a couple of times which to me sounded like a cross between a seal or a diver as it came to the surface. That, the generator in the distance and the water was the only thing that broke the silence.

This time took sixty odd pics with room to experiment. Not all of them really long exposures but at 30 seconds maximum in Manual mode rather than in Aperture priority or especially bulb mode which I'm found of using. Which worked out alright all in all.

Next time a flask of coffee and some sandwiches for refreshments with all that walking involved.

No comments: