2.18.2007

New stuff ...old stuff......

I have been doing loads of video editing of material. It's amzing what i have collected in the past seven years worth of tapes. All the photgraphs I have taken on this blog have been a remminder of what i can use. Like the terracotta head I dug up from college 20 years ago. Everything has it's place and nothing is forgotten unless it's thrown away.
In a simular fashion I have been warmly encouraged by the relative number of hits on my film pieces in the last couple of weeks that i have been uploading them. This has given me an impertus for producing ideas and trying them out. For they do nothing if all they do is reside lying in boxs on the shelf.

Everything has a purpose.

That is not to say that you can just rely on the internet and exist in cyberspace. Because that is wrong. A blog has to an input of real life and not a collection of data pasted from somewhere else on the internet. So this has been a notepad come scratch pad for me to recall and jot down ideas as I progress.

A depository for things that otherwise would be ignored is purpose for this blog. I have to have a place to put ideas in a form that I can recall.

The collection of architectural structures to be captured on camera for the next installation has grown.

As has my ongoing research for my imaginary film project.

For something new the artists group I am involved in with has launched a blog with the website we have developed over christmas to be on line in the next couple of months. These are excuses for real world activites to be iniated.

No comments: