9.28.2006

Changing Ipswich


Still for a film piece I'm working on for an open submission at the Town Hall Galleries at Ipswich. This is based on theme of Changing Ipswich. It's my third film involving the Willis building (the black glass structure). Like the monolith in 2001 I'm draw to it. Very interesting building that takes into context it's surroundings yet still remains it's identity. Ipswich has changed a lot in the last few years with the developement of the harbour area. I've taken a few photogrphs of the place in that time. There's some interesting things happening. Change comes from inside people more than within the buildings themselves. My piece is about a journey through time that has happened through the last few thousand years. All we see around us is transitory and continually evolving within in a much larger process and timescale.

No comments: